Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Fog


Every time I read Ken Kessey's masterpiece "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" I can't help but ask myself What does crazy look like? Is crazy really something that you can label under stereotypes and give it funny and complicated names? "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" gave me a different perspective of crazy and led me to decide that a crazy person is only what society makes him.

I think that the so called fog is a schizophrenic delusion, created by Chief Bromden  as a safe guard that he creates around him to make himself invisible; But also I see the fog as a kind of isolator that Nurse Ratched uses to isolate the Inside world from the Outside world, because she knows that they are not ready to cope. And I also think it represent McMurphy's strength because once he gets to the guard the fog dissipates, slowly from Chief's mind and it is thanks to McMurphy's strength and power to laugh.

Finally I think that the Fog represents the outside world unknown and strange for most, and hiding you from staying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment